Here are several things you can do to establish a bedtime routine.
* Bathe the baby during the early evening. This can help the baby sleep longer at night. Which means you can enjoy uninterrupted sleep as well.
* Start bedtime with a story or a lullaby followed by hugs and cuddles. You might want to feed the baby, give her more cuddles and then put her to bed.
* Lower the lights, but don’t make it completely dark. In time, the baby will come to associate the lowered lights with sleep-time.
* Try not to vary the routine. Have the same people involved and do things in the same order every night. That way, the baby understands that it’s time to sleep.
* Many babies will fuss and try to avoid going to sleep. Despite that, make sure there’s a certain finality to your routine. The baby will eventually understand that no matter how great the pre-sleep routine was, it always ends with her going to sleep.
Follow these simple parenting guidelines and you will very likely reduce a lot of the stress that goes with getting baby to sleep.
About The Author
Peter Andrews is a successful author and has written extensively on parenting. Check out http://www.best-parenting-advice.info/ and http://www.best-parenting-advice.info/baby-care.html for his articles covering parenting tips, baby care ideas and many other related areas.